Interreligious Understanding Program
A new and engaging educational enrichment program for adult learners. Courses in the program are six-weeks in length and taught by religious leaders and scholars in the state of Oklahoma who represent Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Islamic, Jewish, and Native American traditions. PTS aims to prepare individuals for life and work in increasingly multicultural and religiously diverse communities.
Who Should Attend?
This life-enrichment program is designed for adult learners of all educational backgrounds, who are interested in exploring the religious diversity of our community, developing their business and professional lives with greater sensitivity to cultural difference, and engaging in vital interfaith conversations to advance the public good.
Courses in the program are six-weeks in length. Individuals may take all 10 courses and receive a certificate of program completion. Courses are scheduled so that a participant can take two courses per semester. Field trips may augment the class sessions. Click on each course for instructor and course description information.
- Contemporary Native American Traditions - August 23, 2012
- Contemporary Christian Traditions - October 4, 2012
- Contemporary Islamic Traditions - January 31, 2013
- Contemporary Buddhist Traditions - April 4, 2013
- Contemporary Hindu, Jain, and Sikh Traditions of India - August 29, 2013
- Contemporary Jewish Traditions - October 24, 2013
- Perspectives on Religious Pluralism - Spring 2014
- Reading Scripture - Spring 2014
- Religion, Literature, and the Arts - Fall 2014
- Religion, Politics, and Law - Fall 2014
Registration and Cost
Individuals may register at the beginning of any of the six-week courses. Cost for the program is $120 per six-week course. Online registration is available, apply online now! Or download the registration form, that can be printed, filled out and mailed to PTS.
Credit Opportunity Available
Individuals may enroll in the course for academic credit. They must hold a baccalaureate degree from an appropriately accredited college or university. Master’s level learning goals and study requirements will be clearly set forth by the instructor for each course. Additional cost may be incurred.
For more information on how to apply contact Josh Linton, at email@example.com or 918-270-6463.
NOTE: If you are already a seminary student at another school and want to transfer a course to your school, be sure to check with your dean BEFORE you enroll.