Remind & Renew
In this year’s Remind & Renew, The Art of Ritual: Cultivating Practices for Community, we will:
- explore and experience rituals that nourish our souls, give life to our missions, and express our deepest and most significant communal values.
- reconsider the significance of ritual for marking time.
- recognize again the power of ritual for justice and protest—and for injustice.
- broaden our understanding of ritual to include our environment and our companion creatures.
Registration is now open. As of now, Remind & Renew will be both in-person and online with recorded and live presentations using a conference platform called Whova. This service also allows R&R attendees to set up meetings in their own small groups in-person or online. When you register for Remind & Renew, you'll get more information on how to use Whova, including its smartphone app.
Presenters (as of Sept. 25, 2021):
- Marcia McFee, PhD, is a professor, worship designer, author, preacher and ritual artist. She is the energy behind the Worship Design Studio. LEARN MORE
- Victoria Loorz, MDiv, is a "wild church pastor," an "eco-spiritual director" and co-founder of several transformation-focused organizations focused on the integration of nature and spirituality. She is the co-founder of the ecumenical Wild Church Network. LEARN MORE
- Chelsea Yarborough, PhD, is a professor and minister known for exploring liturgy in the context of black theology and preaching outside the pulpit. LEARN MORE
- Sarah de la Fuente, MDiv, is an Austin-based ceremony officiant, owner of Central Ceremonies, and Parish Associate at Central Presbyterian Church. LEARN MORE
- Dan Paul, MDiv, is director of the Blue Theology Mission Station, a place where current science in marine biology informs a theology of creation care. LEARN MORE