"Reading & Reciting Scripture"
Original Course dates: January 30-March 6, 2014
- Christianity: Dr. Nancy Pittman, Vice President of Academic Affairs & Dean, Phillips Theological Seminary
- Native American Traditions: Dr. Richard Grounds, Yuchi/Seminole Leader
- Buddhism: Helen A. Cortes, Guiding Teacher Zen Sangha of Tulsa
- Islam: Dr. Imad S. Enchassi, Imam, Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City and Chair of Islamic Studies at Oklahoma City University
- Chinese Traditions: Dr. Don A. Pittman, William Tabbernee Professor of the History of Religions, Emeritus, and Director of the Interreligious Understanding Program, Phillips Theological Seminary
- Judaism: Rabbi Micah Citrin, Co-Rabbi, Temple Israel Tulsa
Each of the class sessions in this six week course will focus on the interpretation of sacred texts in one contemporary religion.