Phillips is Surprising
When people first learn about Phillips, a typical reply is “I had no idea anything like Phillips existed in Tulsa!” Most folks mean that as a compliment! People are often surprised to learn that Phillips:
- Is comprised of a well-credentialed faculty with theologically and socially progressive commitments.
- Welcomes students from a variety of denominations and theological backgrounds, and regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity.
- Houses the best theological library in a 250 mile radius.
- Is the only Disciples of Christ seminary offering a comprehensive online program and a campus experience.
- Has led the Heartland in educating women for ministry.
- Is a school where Millennials, Xers, and Boomers feel challenged and supported.
- Offers an accessible schedule of on campus and online courses, drawing students from nearly 20 states.
- Is over 100 years old and has been offering courses in Tulsa for over 25 years.
- Is intentionally building strong relationships with religious and civic leaders.
- Has graduate students who come from many walks of life and go on to serve congregations, non-profits, and businesses.