The Personnel Director will coordinate human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee services for the employed seminary community comprised of about 40 persons. The Personnel Director will report to the Vice President of Administration. This is a 20 hour/week position.
- Manage employee benefit programs, including employee enrollment. Seminary benefit programs include: life, health, dental, and vision insurances; pension plan; flexible spending accounts; and miscellaneous other benefits.
- Reconcile benefit participants with monthly carrier bills and coordinate with payroll manager regarding employee benefit withholdings.
- Design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs and other employee needs.
- Maintain Human Resources records.
- Ensure employment policies, record-keeping, and practices are up to date and complaint with applicable laws.
- Conduct employee orientations.
- Coordinate and schedule appropriate policy trainings, e.g. sexual harassment prevention, crisis responses.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs; assisting employees with resolution of issues.
- Provide statistical information as required by accrediting bodies and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Prepare employment letters and other annual documentation.
- Document separations and conduct exit interviews.
- Study and assess benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management.
Qualifications, skills, and dispositions:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or a closely related field.
- Seven or more years of work experience, with experience in Human Resources Management and Benefits Administration.
- PHR or HRCI certification preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attentive to detail and very organized.
- Professional demeanor with a commitment to helping the employed community.
The application consists of a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this position, a resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Please include salary range expectations.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.