Like PTS on Facebook
Follow PTS on Twitter
Subscribe to RSS and Podcasts
Cultivating vital communities,
vital conversations, and the public good.
Home > About > Our History

Our History

2012:

Phillips Board of Trustees adopted new Identity and Mission statements.

2009:

Phillips was approved to offer comprehensive distance education.

2003:

901 North Mingo Road campus dedicated. The first classes were held on the new campus.

2002:

The QuikTrip Corporation gifted the property at 901 North Mingo Road to Phillips; extensive renovations began.

1997:

Phillips Board of Trustees voted to consolidate the seminary in Tulsa.

1995:

The Board of Trustees changed the seminary's name to Phillips Theological Seminary.

1987:

The Graduate Seminary separated from the Phillips University and became Phillips Graduate Seminary.

1986:

The Graduate Seminary began offering courses in Tulsa, utilizing facilities at The University of Tulsa and several congregations.

Mid 50's - Mid 70's:

The seminary's student body diversifies to include multiple denominations and significant numbers of African-Americans, women, and change of career students.

1951:

The Graduate Seminary of Phillips University was first accredited by the Association of Theological Schools.

1912:

Phillips University name is adopted.

1907:

The first classes were held at the College of the Bible of Oklahoma Christian University in Enid, Oklahoma on September 17, 1907. OCU was a small, influential institution of higher education affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

1906:

The Articles of Incorporation executed for the proposed "Oklahoma Christian University" on October 9, 1906 (Founders Day)
Phillips offers Christian graduate theological education in service of intelligent, just, and
compassionate religious and civic communities. We welcome students to a safe space for truth-seeking conversations about the Bible, Jesus, and faithful living. Courses are available on campus and online for certificate, diploma, MDiv, MAMC, and MTS programs, and on campus for the DMin program.

Phillips Theological Seminary

901 N. Mingo Road
Tulsa, OK 74116

p 918-610-8303
f 918-610-8404

Campus & Directions

Site content © 2005-14 Phillips Theological Seminary

The materials on this website are owned, held, or licensed by Phillips Theological Seminary and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided PTS is properly cited. Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission by Phillips Theological Seminary, is strictly prohibited.

Site design, programming, and CMS © 2005-14 Verdend Interactive

Like PTS on Facebook
Follow PTS on Twitter
Subscribe to RSS and Podcasts