Qualified applicants for the Master of Theological Studies program must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, a 2.7 GPA in undergraduate work, and a completed application including the following items:
- Application form and $60 application fee (fee waived if application is submitted by April 1)
- Essay, described on the application form
- 3 references, one each from the following individuals:
- Professional associate
- Lay leader in your church/faith community; or another person who has held a leadership, mentoring, and/or supervisory role in your life
- Official transcripts from any undergraduate school where you received a degree and from any graduate school where you have completed work for credit. Official transcripts are ones that have the official institution seal and are mailed directly from the institution, not by the applicant. For full admission, the undergraduate transcript must show the degree and date received.
- Authorization for criminal background check
- FAFSA for anyone interested in taking out a student loan
- TOEFL Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based)
Apply online for Master of Theological Studies
Some exceptions to the admission requirements may be granted.
International applicants (those requiring an I-20 form to apply for an F-1 visa) must submit additional documents to demonstrate financial support, educational equivalency, and connection to ecumenical partner churches. For more information, please contact MaryAnn Morris at 918.270.6464