Qualified applicants for the Master of Divinity program must have a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, a 2.5 GPA in undergraduate work, and a completed application including the following items:
- Application form and $60 application fee
- Essay, described on the application form
- Denominational reference form (see list below to determine who should complete this form):
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) applicants: regional minister
- United Methodist applicants: district superintendent
- United Church of Christ: conference minister
- Presbyterian Church (USA): chair of the Committee on Preparation for Ministry.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of America applicants: bishop
- Episcopal Church applicants: bishop
- All other applicants: the pastor of your church
- Three references from the following individuals:
- Professor (or business associate for those who have been out of college for awhile)
- Business associate
- Lay leader in your church
- Official transcripts from any undergraduate school where you received a degree and from any graduate school where you have completed work for credit. Official transcripts are ones that have the official institution seal and are mailed directly from the institution, not by the applicant. For full admission, the undergraduate transcript must show the degree and the date received.
- Authorization for criminal background check
- FAFSA and Financial Aid form for anyone interested in financial aid
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 on the iBT
At Phillips you may apply online or you may download and print the application and required forms and mail them directly to the Seminary. Please choose only one way to submit the application.
Apply online for Master of Divinity
Or download application forms:
Some exceptions to the admission requirements may be granted. International applicants (those requiring an I-20 form to apply for an F-1 visa) must submit additional documents to demonstrate financial support, educational equivalency, and connection to ecumenical partner churches. For more information, please contact Josh Linton or by telephone at (918) 270-6463.