Pastoral Leadership in Homiletics
Specialization Coordinator: Dr. Richard Ward
Word. Image. Energy. Justice. Passion. Weave these strands into effective preaching that meets the demands of our age. In this specialization we are seeking to help pastors gain clarity and insight into the art and craft of preaching, a major function of congregational leadership. Through this 32 semester hour program, pastors will develop their gifts in preaching and proclamation of God’s work in the world.
The detailed courses are still being planned for the program that will begin June 2015.
The following is a description of the courses offered for this concentration from previous years, distributed in three phases:
Foundation Phase: 9 hours in Foundation Courses:
- Pastoral Leadership in Context--3 hours
- The Biblical Message and the Praxis of God--3 hours
- Constructive Theology of Ministry--3 hours
Specialization Phase: 16 hours in Specialization Seminars:
- Core Homiletic I--4 hours
- Media and the Church--4 hours
- Core Homiletic II--4 hours
- Elective related to DMin project--4 hours
Project Phase: 7 hours in Proposal and Project Courses:
- Project Development Seminar I--0.5 hour
- Project Development Seminar II--2.5 hours
- Project Proposal Course--2 hours
- Project Course--2 hours
The Application deadline for this track is March 15, 2015.
Applications are available in the PTS Admissions Office, or you may apply here.