1907 Phillips Theological Seminary began as part of Phillips University in Enid, Oklahoma, a liberal arts college and graduate school affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). In its early years, the seminary was known as the College of the Bible of Phillips University.
1951 Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), the seminary became known as The Graduate Seminary of Phillips University.
1986 The seminary expanded its program by offering courses in Tulsa, Oklahoma, utilizing facilities at The University of Tulsa.
1987 The Graduate Seminary was incorporated as a freestanding institution under the name Phillips Graduate Seminary.
1995 The trustees changed the seminary’s name to Phillips Theological Seminary.
1996 The trustees voted to consolidate the seminary and identified Tulsa as the location.
1997 The seminary began the transition to Tulsa, phasing out the Enid campus.
2002 The seminary received from the QuikTrip Corporation a gift of their former corporate headquarters and extensive renovations began.
2003 The seminary’s new campus facilities were dedicated.