Ministerial Formation - Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
With Disciples regions, congregations, and the seminary working together, students are assured of receiving excellent preparation for ministerial service, both commissioned and ordained. Practical courses in ministry, including supervised field work, are coupled with a broad range of academic studies to ensure that graduates enjoy the fullest of educational experiences.
Disciples ministerial formation complements the program of formal education by:
- coordinating on-campus Disciples activities
- providing required and elective denominational courses
- connecting students with regional offices for services and support
- assisting with the credentialling process in pursuit of ordination
- helping navigate denominational systems
- advising candidates on the Search and Call process for church-related employment
- introducing students to denominational events and programs
In addition, a variety of Disciples of Christ travel opportunities sponsored by the seminary and the church bring the history and the present of the denomination together in vital ways.
For more information on the denomination and its mission go to www.disciples.org.
Director of Ministerial Formation Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
John M. Imbler, D.D.