Judy Deere, MDiv
- Director of Admissions & Student Services
- Staff Representative
- BS, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, 1985
- MPH, University of Oklahoma, 1992
- MDiv, Phillips Theological Seminary, 2008
Main Duties at PTS
- The mission of Admissions and Student Services is to create and sustain an attentive, responsible student services program that offers support as students seek to fulfill their educational and vocational goals from the time of initial application to a degree program, through admission procedures, matriculation, coursework, and graduation.
- The Office of Admissions and Student Services strives to assist students in the identification of financial resources, and the development of skills necessary for a successful graduate theological education experience, through individualized counseling services.
- Phillips Theological Seminary is intentional in the development of vital communities and creating an environment of diversity to support vital conversations. The Student Senate of Phillips Theological Seminary partners with the Office of Admissions and Student Services to engage in opportunities to contribute to community growth at the seminary.
Background & Personal Interests
- Joined Phillips in 2014
- 14 years secular experience in health care management
- 9 years serving as part-time pastor with the Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Tulsa Indian United Methodist Church of the OIMC
- Previously served on National Council of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation & other Tribal Community Boards; interest in Tribal Community development
- Member of the Indian Education Committee of Morris Public Schools
The opportunity to be a part of the community at Phillips Theological Seminary offers me the chance to engage in the stories of the students as they journey through the spiritual discerning which occurs as they begin a conversation with Graduate Theological study. I enjoy the opportunity to contribute to an environment of learning through caring Student Services, and contributing to the success of each student through personal engagement.