Director of Admissions and Student Services
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean
Mission of Position: The mission of this position is to create and sustain an attentive, responsible student services program that offers support as students seek to fulfill their educational and vocational goals from the time of initial application to a degree program, through admission procedures, matriculation, coursework, and graduation.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Student Life – provide a broad range of professional and pastoral services that contribute to students’ success in theological studies and develop student community both online and on-campus, including the production of the Student Handbook, support for the ongoing work of the Phillips Student Senate, and oversight of Connecting Community (the regular electronic newsletter for students).
- Federal Educational Policy Compliance – work with the registrar and the human relations manager in the development and enforcement of rules and guidelines that fulfill the seminary’s obligations to federal educational policies related to Title IV and Title IX programs (particularly as they relate to students): reporting, disclosure, annual programs (e.g., drug and alcohol use awareness), accommodations for persons with disabilities (ADA), and FERPA.
- Strategic Enrollment Management – lead the seminary’s admissions and retention processes through monitoring of admissions data as collected through the ATS questionnaires and other assessment tools and retention data gathered by the registrar and other members of the academic affairs staff and working with appropriate faculty and staff members to develop processes and procedures for creating and maintaining and environment in which diversities within the student body can flourish; collaborate with Seminary Relations staff in recruitment efforts especially in relation to the admissions process; and work with the vice president for administration, the vice president of academic affairs and dean and others in developing tuition and financial aid recommendations for the Board of Trustees.
- Academic Support – coordinate events and programs that support the academic cycle of students and the seminary beginning with orientation through the graduation process.
- Operations – manage budget and expenditures of the Office of Admissions and Student Services and oversee sections of the Phillips website pertaining to Admissions and Student Services.
- Student Financial Aid Officer and Office Assistant for Student Services
Credentials and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools
- Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Title IV and Title IX of the U.S. Department of Education
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills Experience in use of social media in developing online community
- Competency in technological admissions and student database systems, i.e., BlackBaud.
- Experience in student services in higher education, preferred
A complete application will include: a résumé, a cover letter expressing interest in the position and detailing relevant professional experience, along with the names and contact information of at least four (4) references.
Please send your application to Gwen Derrick, Human Relations Manager, Phillips Theological Seminary, 901 North Mingo Road, Tulsa, OK 74116. Electronic submissions will also be accepted. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.