Qualified applicants for the Doctor of Ministry must have a Master of Divinity, or its equivalent, from an ATS accredited seminary, at least a 3.0 GPA in the MDiv program, at least three years of significant ministry experience after completion of the MDiv, current engagement in professional ministry, and a completed application including the following items:
- Application form and $60 application fee(fee is waived if application is submitted by Feb. 15)
- 2 essays, described on the application form
- 4 references, one each from the following individuals:
- Church or denominational official
- Official of your congregation or institution
- Seminary professor familiar with your academic work
- Professional colleague familiar with your recent work
- Official transcripts from any undergraduate school and seminary from which you have received degrees. Official transcripts are ones that have the official institution seal and are mailed directly from the institution, not by the applicant. For full admission, the undergraduate transcript must show the degree and date received.
- Authorization for criminal background check
- FAFSA for anyone interested in taking out a student loan
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit an official TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper-based) or 90 on the iBT
Applications for the DMin program are accepted twice a year.
To begin the program in January, a completed application must be received by October 15
To begin the program in June, a completed application must be received by March 15
Apply online for Doctor of Ministry
Some exceptions to the admission requirements may be granted. International applicants (those requiring an I-20 form to apply for an F-1 visa) must submit additional documents to demonstrate financial support, educational equivalency, and connection to ecumenical partner churches. For more information, please contact MaryAnn Morris or by telephone at (918) 270-6464.