The Communications Assistant will work with a team comprised of the Senior Director of Seminary Relations and the Digital Media Specialist to enact the Seminary’s external communications plan.
- The Senior Director reports to the President, is responsible for developing and implementing the external communications plan, and supervises the staff.
- The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for the website, social media, and related tasks.
The Communications Assistant reports to the Senior Director of Seminary Relations.
This is a 20 hour/week position.
- Work with the Senior Director to create routine printed publicity (e.g., newsletters, ads, and brochures for academic programs and special events).
- Assist the Senior Director and Digital Media Specialist in distributing promotional materials, both print (e.g., program brochures) and digital (e.g., Constant Contact emails).
- Write and distribute press releases to the media as needed.
- Occasional office support for the communications team.
Qualifications, skills, and dispositions:
- At least an associate’s degree in graphic design, communications, or a related field.
- Two or more years of work experience.
- Proficient with MS Word and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Good writer and editor.
- Good graphic artist.
- Ability to create graphics according to the Seminary’s branding guidelines.
- Work within deadlines.
- Desire to support the Seminary’s mission.
- Pay close attention to detail and be very organized.
The application consists of a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this position, a resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who are invited to interview should be prepared to present a portfolio demonstrating their capabilities. Please include salary range expectations.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.